COVID-19 Office Updates, 5/1/2020
As your trusted eye care provider, we are diligently following the COVID-19 pandemic and are continuing to review and update our policies based on the direction from the CDC, State of Texas, and the White House. We are pleased to announce that EyeScript Vision Care will resume routine care May 4, 2020.
During this difficult time, we have made adjustments to our services to ensure the health and safety of your patients, our staff, and our doctor.
For the protection of our patients, we have implemented the following procedures in our clinics:
- Limited Appointment Scheduling – in order to ensure we are able to properly disinfect and adhere to Social Distancing Guidelines set forth by our local authority. Urgent and emergency patients will be prioritized.
- Fever Free Environment – Anyone with 99.5 degrees or higher will be asked to reschedule. Anyone who is taking a fever-reducing medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen will be asked to reschedule once the medication is clear from their system.
- Pre-Screening Questionnaire – We will continue to ask any patient with URI symptoms to reschedule their appointment until they have been asymptomatic for 3 days or have a negative COVID test.
- Face Covering – We are requiring everyone entering our clinics to wear a face mask.
- Wash hands and sanitize – Upon entering the office, everyone will be asked to sanitize their hands. All staff with direct patient contact will be required to wear a mask, face shields, and gloves.
- Social Distancing – We are limiting the number of patients in our office and are asking, when possible, only the patient enters our clinics for their visit. Please ask the person with your patient to stay in their car. Minors may be accompanied by one parent.
When scheduling patients, we will be:
- Asking if the patient has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. In those cases, we will postpone seeing the patient unless emergent.
- We will ask if the patient has any current symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will ask the patient NOT to bring family members with them into the office.
- We ask patient to call the office and wait in the car until the office is prepared to bring the patient inside for their appointment.
- We will ask the patient to bring their own mask or face covering. All of our doctors and any staff who will have direct patient contact will be masked.
Thank you for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Please stay safe and healthy.